Silvana Jirotková, the Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Industry and Trade opened within the International Engineering Fair in Brno the exhibition 65 years of nuclear power engineering in the Czech Republic covering history, present and mainly the abilities of the Czech nuclear power industry.
In her introductory speech, she said: „I am so glad the Exhibition on 65 years of Czech nuclear research is a part of the International Engineering Fair. It is the field that we are good at, that has a long tradition in the Czech Republic, that is characterized by tenacity and creativity of our skillful people. Nuclear power engineering is crucial to the Czech Republic.“
The Czech nuclear know-how both at home and in the world is also kept, presented and further developed by our company, that is currently supplying its control systems to nuclear power plants in seven world countries. ZAT has been realizing the contracts for nuclear power plants since 1970s.
What was the beginning in the Czech Republic like?
The nuclear power industry, research, and education started in 1955 and two years later Czechoslovakia became the ninth world country that carried out controlled nuclear fission reaction. Later the Czech companies became suppliers of the components for the VVER reactors built at the then Eastern block and they produced tens of the reactor sets. They have continued in it through supplies of components and services both to the Czech and foreign units – they supply to the east and to the west.
ZAT milestones in nuclear power engineering:
- 1975 Supplies of the 1st generation control systems for the first Czechoslovak nuclear power plant A1 Jaslovské Bohunice
- 1975-1990 Supplies of control systems for the nuclear power plant Dukovany
- 1991 Termination of realization at the nuclear power plant Mochovce, ZAT control systems are at all Czechoslovak nuclear power plants
- 1996-2004 Supplies of the RRCS system for nine nuclear units VVER 1000 in Ukraine – first ZAT supply for a nuclear power plant abroad
- 2000-2016 Realization of reconstruction of the I&C system on four units of the nuclear power plant Dukovany – modernization of ZAT supplies from 1980s in the total number of 2500 cabinets with the control system
- 2008-2009 nuclear power plant V2 Jaslovské Bohunice – reconstruction of the unit control and information system
- 2011-2014 Completion of two units of the nuclear power plant Temelín, the supply of the ZAT 2nd generation system for control of units and control of the BOP technology
- 2013 Start of realization of the supplies for eight nuclear power plants in France on twenty nuclear units EPR 1300. Completion in 2024
- 2015-2018 Modernization of the RRCS system on nuclear power plants in Slovakia – both Slovak nuclear power plants are controlled by the SandRA safety system
- 2015-2020 Modernization of the RRCS system including controller through control system SandRA on four units of the nuclear power plant Paks in Hungary
- 2017-2019 Supply of the RRCS system for the nuclear power plant Metsamor in Armenia
- 2018-2020 Supply of the power part of the regulation rod control for the nuclear power plant Loviisa in Finland
- 2019 ZAT supplies nuclear technologies and know-how to seven countries in Europe and Asia